Kris has been working at Odd Fellows along with Bret since 2002. Bret will be the first to attribute most of Odd Fellows success to Kris’ involvement. Kris’ ability to keep things organized (Bret!) and to develop a customer focused process is a foundation for the Odd Fellows culture. Kris’ favorite part of her job is getting to know the customers and fellow workers. Kris has three children and six grandchildren – she loves spending time with them.
Her favorite place in Michigan is to visit the Leelanau Peninsula (the north western part of the Lower Peninsula) where she enjoys traveling to the small towns, hiking and going on seasonal roads. Kris’ dream travel destination is Italy – to travel to small coastal towns there (Tuscany)! Another dream destination would be Fiji Islands, so that she and Bret could scuba dive. They are both certified divers. Along with Bret, Kris loves the fall as well. Her favorite holiday is the Christmas season, where she gets to celebrate Christ’s birth along with spending extended time with her family.
Random Facts About Kris Oleksyn
- Favorite Movie: A Message in a Bottle (Tear Jerker!)
- Favorite Color: Green
- First Job: Assistant Manager at Foxmoor Casuals – working in retail at 16 years old.
- Random Hobby: Gardening! Only flowers!
- Favorite Season: Fall (cooler weather, colors of leaves and the smells).
- Favorite Sport and Team: MSU Spartan (because 2 daughters graduated from MSU).
- Favorite Food: Mexican
- Favorite Restaurant: Cancun Mexican Grill or Acapulco Grill.
- Cookies, Cake or Pie? Apple Pie with Ice Cream of course!