Bret started Odd Fellows Contracting in 1988 with his business partner David Fox. They were just a couple of “fellows” doing “odd jobs” at the time and hence the Odd Fellows Contracting name was born! Over the years Odd Fellows has grown based on Bret’s core values of hard work, honesty, and love for the remodeling process. Bret loves meeting with people and discussing the possibilities of remodeling. One of Bret’s talents is being able to envision things as they “can be” instead of just seeing them for “what they are”. Additionally, he enjoys the challenges and rewards of growing and developing a business including the blessing of interacting with, and helping with the development of the people within the business.
Bret’s current business partner (and spouse), Kris (the real boss), often work side by side in their home office to oversee the business. Bret renovated and restored his current home over the course of 11 years and has a true love for the remodel process. Bret’s dream travel destination would be to Mount Everest. In Michigan he enjoys traveling within the north western territory of Michigan. Bret’s favorite holiday is Christmas where he gets to celebrate the Lord’s birth along with his family.
Random Facts About Bret Oleksyn
- Favorite Movie: The Shack
- Favorite Color: Green
- First Job: Paper Boy
- Random Talent: Public Speaking
- Favorite Season: Fall (aka: Hunting Season).
- Favorite Sport and Sports Figure: Golf – Phil Mickelson
- Favorite Food: Seafood, crab legs in particular (the really big ones!).
- Favorite Restaurant: Red Lobster
- Biggest Phobias: Wasps…they are the worst.
- Cookies, Cake or Pie? Cherry Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream.