At our first meeting, we will:
- Listen to what you like and don't like about your current home.
- Listen to your goals, needs, and desires.
- Talk about different possibilities.
- Read through and execute Design Services Agreement. *(Required fee for Design Services Agreement is 2% of high end of the estimated investment or minimum of $1,000 per project.)*
- Discuss your desired investment and investment comfort zone.
Once the Design Services Agreement has been approved we will have our second meeting, which will include:
- Meeting with the Designer to discuss scope of work.
- Complete a field sketch and gather more detailed measurements.
- Discover likely material choices.
- Take photographs of all areas in scope of work.
- Schedule a time to meet and review Phase 1 design concepts at Odd Fellows Contracting offices in Williamston.
Our third meeting will be held at our Design Studio. During our third meeting, we will:
- Present all design concepts and present updated investment ranges based on design options.
- Discuss any desired design changes or updates that may be required.
- Review any impacts these design changes might make on your investment.
- Schedule a meeting to review revised design concept, if necessary. (Note: The initial Design Services Agreement includes up to two design concepts.)
- When the home remodel design is complete to your satisfaction, we will discuss and execute the Final Design Phase Agreement. (Required fee for Final Design Phase Agreement is 3% (or minimum of $1,500) of agreed upon investment.)
Once Final Design Phase Agreement is executed, the following will take place:
- We prepare a shopping list (what we call our ‘Customer Selection Sheet) for you of all items that need to be selected. This may include kitchen cabinets, faucet selections, countertops, tile, etc.
- Work alongside the Designer to make product and material selections. We will assist with scheduling times with our Vendor partners to ensure you get all of the best information possible to make your home remodel product selections.
- Guide you through the forms and styles available for each item. The goal is for you to know the strengths of each option so you can make the most informed decision.
- Help you decide on appropriate colors. Our certified and experienced Designers will assist with color coordination and design aesthetics to ensure a cohesive design as we mix the old with the new.
- Gather color copies and samples of selected items and keep track of all selections made to ensure that your design style is consistent and that we are creating the picture that you want.
- Schedule a site team meeting that will take place in your home to allow our trade partners to view your home remodel project and prepare final bid numbers.
Prior to the final meeting of the Design Process:
- Designers will finalize all drawings needed for permitting and Production of your home remodel project.
- Designers will gather and compile all trade and vendor bids and contracts to update for the final estimate.
- Designers will complete the final specifications and incorporate information as required into the Design Drawings.
- Designers will prepare plans to be ready for contract review.
At this closing meeting, we will:
- Review and sign off on contract plans.
- Review final specifications.
- Review final pricing.
- Sign the final construction proposal and contract.
- Remaining contract balance is due (50% minus deposits already paid in Phase 1 and Phase 2).
Before we start actual construction, we will:
- Apply for the building permit (most municipalities take 1-2 weeks to approve a permit application.)
- Release all purchase orders to all vendors and commit for work to be completed.
- Prepare the construction packet for your Project Superintendent. Schedule the pre-construction team conference.
- The Production Manager will be in contact via email to provide scheduling updates.
- Once your project is scheduled, your Project Superintendent will be in contact with you to announce the scheduled start date.
At this meeting, we will:
- Introduce you to your Project Superintendent.
- Review the home remodel project on-site with your Project Superintendent.
- Ask a series of questions regarding general ‘housekeeping’ issues to ensure your safety and security during construction.
After the conference, we will:
- Prepare the actual construction schedule that we will use to complete your project in a timely manner.
During construction, we will:
- Update you on work that is being performed.
- Meet with you to address any concerns and questions that may arise during construction.
- Update you on changes to the schedule that may occur.
- Update you on any changes that may require cost increases or credits due to changes in scope of work. Utilize our detailed checklist during each phase of construction to ensure that your project is complete with accuracy and to the highest level of quality.
- During production, you will be contacted on a regular basis to provide feedback on your project team and trades. We welcome your feedback to ensure the best experience possible for you. We want to make sure that we can make your home remodel story a great one!
After the construction and production on your remodel project is complete, we will:
- Deliver your warranty and information packet. We will provide a list of all product selections and finishes for your records. This will also contain product care instructions and specific product warranty information.
- Call you after 6 months to see how you are enjoying the work we performed for you and see if there is anything we need to adjust. Our goal is to make this process an enjoyable experience for you. We want you to love the enhancements to your home – and share your experience with others who would benefit from our services.