DREAMING & PLANNING
At our first meeting, we will:
- Listen to what you like and don’t like about your current home.
- Listen to your goals, needs, and desires.
- Talk about different possibilities.
- Discuss your desired budget and investment comfort zone.
- Read through and execute Design Services Agreement.
(Required fee for Design Services Agreement is 2% of high end of the estimated budget or minimum of $500 per project.)
Once the Design Services Agreement has been approved we will have our second meeting, which will include:
- Complete Project Planning Guide Questionnaire.
- Complete a field sketch and gather more detailed measurements.
- Discover material choices/selections.
- Take photographs of all areas in scope of work.
Schedule a time to meet and review Phase 1 design concepts at Odd Fellows Contracting offices in Williamston.
REVIEW YOUR DESIGNS
At our third meeting, we will:
- Review the designs/concepts and alternatives we have created for you, and make corrections/revisions.
- Review any impacts these changes might make on your budget.
- Schedule a meeting to review revised design concept, if necessary.
(Note: The initial Design Services Agreement includes up to two revised design concepts.)
- Discuss and execute Final Design Phase Agreement
(Required fee for Final Design Phase Agreement is 2.5% of high end of the estimated budget.)
SELECTING YOUR MATERIALS
Once Final Design Phase Agreement is executed, the following will take place:
- We prepare a shopping list (what we call our ‘Customer Selection Sheet) for you of all items that need to be selected.
- Then is the part where we visit suppliers, and you pick what you want.
- Guide you through the forms and styles available for each item.
- Help you decide on appropriate colors.
- Get color copies and samples of the items you’ve selected.
Keep track of all selections made so that as we go to each supplier, you can be assured that your theme is consistent and that we are creating the picture that you want.
FINALIZING OUR PLANS
Prior to the final meeting of the design process, we will:
- Have our production department review your plans to confirm build-a-bility.
- Gather quotations from all vendors for the selected materials.
- Complete the final specifications.
- Complete the final plans.
At this closing meeting, we will:
- Review the final plans.
- Review final specifications.
- Review final pricing.
- Make small revisions (if necessary).
Have you approve a construction agreement which allows us to start the next phase of your project.
Before we start actual construction, we will:
- Apply for the building permit (most municipalities take 1-2 weeks to approve a permit application.)
- Release all purchase orders to all vendors.
- Prepare the construction packet for your project site superintendent.
Schedule the pre-construction team conference.
PRE-CONSTRUCTION TEAM CONFERENCE
At this meeting, we will:
- Introduce you to your project site superintendent.
- Review the project on-site with your project site superintendent.
- Ask a series of questions regarding general ‘housekeeping’ issues to ensure your safety and security during construction.
After the conference, we will:
- Prepare the actual construction schedule that we will use to complete your project in a timely manner.
During construction, we will:
- Update you on changes to the schedule.
- Update you on work that is being performed.
- Meet with you to address any concerns and questions that may arise during construction.
- Update you on any changes that may require cost increases or credits due to changes in scope of work.
Utilize our detailed checklist during each phase of construction to ensure that your project is complete with accuracy and to a high level of quality.
After construction work is completed, we will:
- Deliver your warranty and information packet.
- Call you after 6 months to see how you are enjoying the work we performed for you and see if there is anything we need to adjust.
Our goal is to make this process an enjoyable experience for you. We want you to love the enhancements to your home – and share your experience with others who would benefit form our services.